Sunday, November 6, 2011

11-4-11 Observation

This is the 3rd time I have observed my micro aquarium. A difference that I am noticing is that the water level has dropped, I am assuming the water is evaporating being under the light. I see many Rotifer sp.; they seem to be running blindly into things. A different organism that I saw this time was a Cladoceran sp. or a "water flea." At first, I mistook them for being stationary; however, they just stay in one place for a long period of time but when they move they move quickly. Another difference in the aquarium was that the plants seem to be dying; especially Plant B.

References:
Cladoceron sp.
Pennak RW. 1989. Fresh-water invertibrates of the United States. 3rd ed. Boulder (CO): John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 370 p. Figure 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment