Monday, November 14, 2011

11-11-11 Observation

This will be my final observation of my mirco aquarium. The first thing I notice is that the water is almost half-way gone. I also notice that there are now many carcasses from the organisms that I have mentioned in my past posts. I notice many more Rotifers and, also, I have mistaken another organism for being a Rotifer in my past observations. The organism that I thought was another Rotifer was actually an Ostracod sp., also known as Seed Shrimp. Although they look similar the Ostracod is larger and moves differently that the Rotifer. These are the main organisms that I now see in the microaquarium. However I do still see the other organisms such as, Cyclops sp., Cosmarium sp., and Vorticella sp.

References :
Ostracod sp.
Rainis KG, Russell BJ. 1996. Guide to Microlife. Danbury (CT). A Division of Grolier Publishing. 20 p.  

No comments:

Post a Comment